Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Roxys Girl Time Instagram

Monday, September 3, 2012

NOTD: Kate Spade Nail Polish Swatches

 During the Kate Spade flash sale, I managed to get my hands on their travel nail polish set for $12.00 {reduced from $28)! There are four- 6.5 ml bottles with names taken from Florence Broadhurst's signature patterns.

Unfortunately, all of the polishes except for the pink one require very careful application. The pink took 2 easy coats to be nice and even, the rest took 3+ coats for full opacity {with minor bald spots}. The bottle is tiny and so is the brush, this makes it a bit more difficult to work with but not impossible.

Kate Spade- Seafoam Swirls
{I don't usually have a hard time pulling off bright nail polishes, but I felt like both this green one and the red-orange were just not meant for my skin tone}

Kate Spade- Orange Solar 
{Although the name implies orange, this is definitely more of a red polish with orange undertones.}

Kate Spade- Watermelon Fingers 
{My favorite out of the four- the consistency is somewhere in between a jelly and a creme.}

Kate Spade- Yellow Cockatoos 
{This one is more of a mustard yellow, a bit darker and less bright than a true yellow}

Tiny bottle, tiny brush.

Overall, not what I was expecting in quality... but I'm glad I was able to grab these while I still had the chance {if only for collection purposes}. 

Products Used:
Kate Spade- Florence Broadhurst Nail Polish Set. {no longer available}

No comments:

Post a Comment