Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Roxys Girl Time Instagram

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

NOTD: Ombré Effect- Essie's Main Squeeze

This manicure is a bit weird, I used eyeshadow to create the gradient effect. It took me a few tries to get the effect that I was looking for and I have to say, I could never get this sort of gradient using only nail polishes.


  •  After applying 2 coats of color to each nail I painted the third coat individually, waiting until the polish was just dry enough on my nail,
  • I the brushed over the nail gently using flat nail art brush loaded with pulverized eyeshadow. This is the crucial step, if the polish wasn't dry enough I risked pulling it off with the brush.
  • I went over the bottom 1/3 of the nail with another coat of polish and brushed over it again to concentrate the color even more.
  • I finished it off with a coat of Seche Vite and this is what I got!

In the bottle Essie's Main Squeeze is a light grey-ish blue color with a fine purple sheen, on the nail it translates as more of a light purple blue with a great purple sheen :)


Products Used:
Essie- Main Squeeze | Seche Vite top coat | Clinique- CSS contour shade from beach plum duo.

No comments:

Post a Comment