Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Roxys Girl Time Instagram

Monday, September 10, 2012

Skincare: Embryolisse Baume Riche Review


I recently ran out of moisutrizer and noticed that the one I'd been using really wasn't hydrating enough for my skin. I don't have dry skin, but I do have dehydrated skin. To give you a bit of an insight as to how my skin reacts- I can literally re-applying my moisturizer several times and my skin will drink it right up and still feel un-moisturized several minutes later leaving me wanting something thicker and more long-lasting.


So, after doing much research on what moisturizer would better suit me I ended up going with Embyolisse Baume Riche. It's a cold cream designed for very dry, irritated, and sensitive skin. I first heard about the Embryolisse line from the Pixiwoo girls on youtube. {specific video mentioning Baume Riche here, other Embryolisse products mentioned here}


 The review:
  •  On first impressions the product has a very strong floral perfume-y smell which lingers on your face after applying. This was a bit off-putting since it isn't the most pleasant smell but, it is easy to get used to after using it several times. 
  • It goes on quite thick and sits on my skin for a while leaving a sort of oily residue behind which fully absorbs after about 30 minutes. 
  • I actually don't mind this residue as I feel this is what quenches my skin. The oily residue isn't noticeable as I can walk out of the house and not feel self-conscious about having an extra shiny face, but I can feel it if i touch my face.
  • I can see and feel drastic improvements in my face's moisture level,  it is no longer dull-looking and is quite soft. Also, my face no longer feels taut.
  • This particular product was really difficult to find online in the US; it is not available in any stores that I am aware of. I bought mine via eBay directly from France since this is the only place I found it.
  • The price is quite affordable, mine cost me around $35 for 40 ml of product.



If you have dehydrated or dry skin I highly recommend this product- it works on the face and body. I would even recommend this as a night moisturizer for normal skin as it leaves my skin replenished, nourished, and really soft! I don't recommend this to anyone who has oily skin though, I feel it is too rich and would leave too much oil on the skin.


I hope you found this review helpful! If you have any questions and want more info, leave me a comment below! I also always appreciate feedback :)



Products Mentioned:
Embryolisse- Baume Riche purchased from eBay {via seller: shodon1}.

No comments:

Post a Comment