Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Roxys Girl Time Instagram

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

NOTD + Tool Haul

I recently purchased some nail tools from Ebay! I'm so excited to use them...
  1. The dotting tools work great! they are well made and I do recommend these, shipping was extremely fast too!
  2. The nail art brushes seem to work well too, but be careful to not get acetone on the handles since the paint does rub off easily. {UPDATE: I don't recommend the brushes, I have a hard time cleaning them and keeping the hairs from fraying.}
Here are some pictures of mani's done with the dotting tools!

My manicures last a good 4 days without any chipping and minor wear to the tips, the key is to use a good base and top coat! (my experience has shown that Essie and Avon polishes last the longest.. updates to come.)

My friend let me do her nails too! Thanks!

After applying about 2 coats on each finger of the desired color, I took the fattest dotting tool and dipped it in some polish and made sure the dots had a good amount of space between them. I recommend re-dipping the tool after each dot, this created uniform dots every time.  

After about 3 minutes, I applied a top coat. Waiting ensures that your dots don't bleed into your base color. Clean up any stray polish with a Q-tip or a brush and acetone.


Products mentioned:
Dotting tools: Ebay via- blueskynailssupply ($2.50). Nail Art Tools: Ebay via- d.linux. ($5.29)
Polish: China Glaze-For Audrey, Avon-French Tip white, Chanel- April, Seche Vite-top coat, OPI- base coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment