Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Roxys Girl Time Instagram

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lush Review: I Love Juicy Shampoo

I Love Juicy Shampoo is created specifically for those of us with excess oil in our hair. I personally, have excess oil at the roots and needed a shampoo that would give me the squeaky clean feeling as well as control the oil at the roots.

"Fresh fruit juices of pineapple, mango and kiwi are slightly acidic and help to mop up excess sebum (oil) produced by the scalp. With sea salt for volume and seaweed extract to soften you’re left with squeaky clean hair and scalp, unbelievable shine and touchably soft tresses"

Pros:
  • It smells really good and even better in your hair. The most pronounced smell is pineapples, but is overall a clean citrusy smell. The smell lingers in my hair until it has dried unless I use a mildly scented conditioner, in which case I can faintly smell the shampoo all day.
  • All you need is a tiny bit! I have long hair and I only need about a quarter size of shampoo to get a luxurious lather. Pretty amazing.
  • It gives me an extremely squeaky clean feeling {almost stripping}
  • It's totally vegan. No chemicals, just pure goodness.
Cons:
  • I cannot use this shampoo on a daily basis, it is much too drying. I typically alternate between this and the Lush Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar to avoid drying out my ends {Although, I can get away with using it daily if I don't apply it directly to my ends and follow up with an extremely moisturizing conditioner like the Nexxus PRO•MEND line}
  • I've been using it for about 2 months now and as far as I can tell it has not helped control my oily roots, I still have to wash my hair daily to avoid that 'oily roots' problem. 
  • it has a year-long expiration date, I suggest buying the smallest size as it is quite drying on your hair if you do use it daily. 
  • the price is a little steep {ranges from ~$10-30 depending on size!}


Overall, I may purchase this again but in their smallest size since a little goes a long way. It smells like some sort of pineapple-citrus smoothie and is not a shampoo I would recommend for everyday use because it can really dry out your hair.  :)



Products Mentioned:

No comments:

Post a Comment