Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Roxys Girl Time Instagram

Thursday, July 5, 2012

NOTD: Mixing Patterns

Today I decided to mix patterns! :) 



The sun came out just in time for me to take more pictures!

Polka Dots, Stripes, Flowers, Glitter... how can you go wrong?!

I am loving this jelly glitter polish, but the sparkle doesn't show up in regular pictures, so I took a fuzzy  one.

My Method: 
  •  I used my handy double sided dotting tool for the flowers, make 4 dots close enough together so the edges overlap a little, then dot a darker color in the center.
  • For the stripes I used the CM Nail Art polish, and made steady strokes vertically down my nail. You can go over each stripe a few times to get the desired thickness and opacity.  I actually like the brush in this polish over the nail art brushes I bought on eBay because those unfortunately frayed out when I cleaned tried to clean them :(

Hope you enjoyed the pictures! What other types of manicures would you like to see?

Wow, I just realized all my polishes are water inspired!

Products mentioned:
Essie- Absolutely Shore. China Glaze- Atlantis. Avon- Aqua Fantasy. CM Nail Art- White. 
Dotting tools- blueskynailsupply.



No comments:

Post a Comment