Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Roxys Girl Time Instagram

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

NOTD: French Tip With a Twist

 I have been dying to try this tape manicure out since I saw something similar floating around on Pinterest. But my impatience got the best of me twice... Until now!


These are my fool-proof steps to getting good Tape manicures:


Step#3: cut at an angle. Use the
triangles you cut off as a guide
for the rest. 
Step#1: Cut square pieces 
of tape. Clear or glossy will
work fine.

Step#2: Fold the tape in half
with the sticky sides facing out.

Step#4: Before applying the
tape make sure the polish is
completely dry. {I applied a
coat of Seche Vite, this
actually makes tape manis
a lot easier!} 


     
       Step#5: Position the tape in the
       middle of you nail, make sure all
      the edges are fully taped down.
Step#6: Paint over the tips & peel 
off after about 1 minute. {At this 
point if some lines were not 
perfect I used a thin brush to
correct them} Apply a top coat!







 Polish Review: The pink polish is quite opaque and took 2 coats to be streak free and pretty much even. The black took only one coat, but 2 coats would create an even opaque nail if worn on its own. I find that all of my Avon polishes tend to last 3-4 days without any chipping and minor wear to the tips when I use a base coat (OPI ridge filler) and a top coat (Seche Vite).

Don't mind my kitty in the background :)
Products Used: Tape, Avon- Black Licorice, Pastel Pink. Seche Vite Top Coat, CM Nail Art Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment